Expungement Attorneys in Detroit, Southfield & Ann Arbor

Having a criminal record can cause a host of problems when you attempt to borrow money, travel abroad, or get a job. As a result, a client may seek an expungement from the official records of a prior or current criminal record. Getting your criminal record expunged from the record can clear you to once again lead a more normal life and participate in home ownership, finance a business, or get a better job.

The attorneys at the Law Offices of Rathi and Associates provide legal representation from beginning to end in all circuit and district courts in Macomb County, Oakland County, and Wayne County Michigan to have your criminal record expunged. We will work with you to clear up any mistakes or duplications that appear on your criminal records.

There are several requirements that you must meet if you wish to apply to have your criminal record expunged. If you have been convicted of only one offense, you may file an application under Michigan law to have the conviction, even a felony, set aside and your record cleared. You must have a perfectly clean criminal record for at least five years after you were convicted or finished serving your jail sentence, whichever is later before you can apply to have your conviction cleared from the record. No expungement is possible for drunk driving or sexual crimes. Also, no expungement will be possible while you have open charges. Any prior criminal conviction where there was a victim will require the victim to be notified. The victim has the right to make a written or oral statement before the court.

As you can tell by the requirements listed above, the law does not want to penalize someone who has simply made a mistake in life and desires to get back on the right track. If you have had only one conviction and none pending, you may seek to clear your name by applying to have your criminal record expunged.

The attorneys at The Law Offices of Rathi and Associates can present your case to the court in a convincing manner and persuade a judge that you made a mistake, have paid the price and will not re-offend. Call us now.

Other Criminal Defense Practise Areas:

Deportation Defense


Set Aside Plea

Bond Hearings